So we're back from Italy. I don't like to announce when I'm going to be away from home for 11 days on the blog or Facebook. You know, because of websites like this one. Anyway, we booked an 8 day tour with Trafalgar (2 days were travel days) and then we added on 2 extra days in Rome at the end of the trip. I prepared by doing lots of research on getting around, eating, blending in, and by learning some Italian with the help of Rosetta Stone. Rosetta Stone is awesome and it makes me want to learn lots of languages.
I felt pretty prepared going into the trip. So I'll list some of the resources that were super helpful in planning in this post. Then I'll take it day by day so you don't get overwhelmed.
Slow Travel Italy has information and pictures from transportation to telephones to restaurant bills to ordering gelato. This site was super helpful. Actually I think it was the most helpful because it's the only one I bookmarked. I did a lot of surfing around the internet but I think this site has it all.
I bought The Lonely Planet's Rome and Florence Encounter books. Both of which guided us around the cities like pros.
I wish I would have looked into places to eat in Venice and Siena. Both of which we visited only for a few hours, but we were often directed to touristy places to eat. A little knowledge and a map would have been helpful. Looking into it was actually on my to do list but somehow I forgot.
Hopefully my computer will be able to handle the blogging that is about to go down.
As our tour director, Alberto would say- andiamo!
1 comment:
Welcome home!Looking forward to your blogging.
Post a Comment