We went on the optional tour to San Gimignano . It was a lovely ride through Tuscany. Under the Tuscan Sun was filmed there. It's very well taken care of and it was cool to see. The actual tour didn't last too long. We had a caffe at the bar like the locals do. I bought a super cute leather purse. That was about all. I think this optional tour was worth it, but I also think I would have loved to see more in Florence that I left without seeing.


That night we had a "Be Our Guest" dinner where Trafalgar sets up a dinner at a vineyard or someone's house that might also be a Bed and Breakfast. I can't seem to find a site for the place where we went. I wrote it down after quite a few glasses of chianti. Agriturismo means that you are vacationing on a farm and the food you are eating is produced by that farm. We had a welcome drink of prosecco in the garden and enjoyed the view of the Tuscan countryside. Then we toured the house. It is a villa that's been in the family for many generations. The first woman in the house was Austrian and wanted one room to be traditional. This was the dining room with it's colored glass chandelier and leather on the walls.

I shamelessly took pictures of the food. We started with a sampling of bruschetta. Then we had pasta with a bolognese sauce. Next was salad and chicken cooked in chianti. For dessert we had a fruit torte. it was the best meal that we had with the group.

The next post takes us to Venice.
No comments:
Post a Comment