We have looked through old Cajun cookbooks and laughed at the wild game section, but on a recent trip to the Organic Butcher we saw squirrel meat. We chatted a little with the butcher about it and he convinced us to try it out.
We decided not to fry it since that would lose the flavor of the meat. Instead we made a sauce piquante. We used the recipe from Talk About Good. We put it over pasta instead of rice.
Beef with Snow Peas from Pioneer Woman. This was yummy. The sauce was really good. I just hate cooking stir fry because the hot oil just freaks me out.
Southern Living's Chicken and Dumplings always satisfy on a chilly day. We went to Eppie's last Friday for their daily special which is Chicken and Dumplings. We tried to figure out what makes their's so delicious.
River Road Recipes' Baked Lasagna is so scrumptious. I never liked lasagna when I was growing up. This could have been attributed to cafeteria lasagna. I now think it's awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment