4.07.2011

Mutant

I somehow generate a lot of static electricity in our living room. I shock my husband and I shock poor Theo. Maybe I am developing my mutant (X Men) superpower? Anyway, while cleaning a couple days ago I shocked Michael's speakers and then I super shocked my computer at which point my screen went black. I closed the screen and the lights on the computer went out then they came back on. It seemed to be working as normal.

In the evening I was cramming as much Italiano into my brain as possible with Rosetta Stone (which is super fun and awesome by the way.) when my computer shut off. It was super hot. That's when I realized that the internal fan had died when I shocked it. That's how powerful my superpower has become. So I let my computer take a breather and when I turned it back on it made this really crazy noise and 1/6 of my screen is black and my task bar is stretched upward.

This morning I copied all my photos and documents to my external hard drive. Just in case. Blogging might be a little hairy for a while until I can sort this out.

Meanwhile I'll be waiting on my call from Marvel comics.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

That's really funny. Well...not the computer breaking or the painful shocks - ok, wait...maybe this wasn't funny at all and I'm just a jerk. ??? ;)