3.12.2011

Spaghata Nadle

During the holidays my brother showed me Allie Brosh's Spaghata Nadle comics. I already mentioned that in my Hyperbole and a Half post. Well, I decided that I could easily make a Spaghata Nadle for my brother's birthday.


Yesterday was his birthday, and thanks to USPS for getting his present to him on time. When I spoke to my bro he was on his way to New Orleans and I told him not to have too much fun and get a tattoo of Spaghata Nadle. We immediately began thinking of things the Spaghata Nadle could say (and this won't make too much sense if you haven't seen the comics) like "Ah'm a tahttah!" or "Ah'm gahnnah rahgrat thas ahn thah mahrnahng!"

Anyway if you feel yourself in need of a poseable Spaghata Nadle (not to sell of course) here's how you do it.

You will need:
Yellow yarn (I used Vanna's Choice Mustard)
Size 2 dpns
1 yellow pipe cleaner (I didn't have yellow so I used green and cut off the fuzz which may work better anyway)

Instructions:
  • Cast on 3 stitches
  • Work I cord for 3 rows
  • Insert pipe cleaner into the middle of the I cord
  • Work the I cord around the pipe cleaner until it is completely covered
In case you are confused when working the I cord around the pipe cleaner you will bring the yarn behind the pipe cleaner to knit the first stitch then knit the next two stitches in front of the pipe cleaner. Then bring the yarn behind it again for the first stitch.
  • Bind off
  • Weave in ends
  • Use black embroidery thread to make two french knots for eyes
  • Cut a small semi circle for the mouth and sew it on with a couple stitches

No comments: