3.06.2011

Happy I Love You Friday 2011

I have been substituting in 5th and 6th grade classrooms a lot lately. This is good because I'm getting paid more for subbing for teachers instead of aids but I think it might be wearing me down quite a bit more than subbing in the lower grades. Plus it's so much harder when this is what you have to leave in the morning.

Snugglesaurus Rex

Well I guess I really couldn't crawl back in bed because he's taken over my side. I digress. On Thursday I caught a much needed break by subbing for an aid in a 1st grade class. The kids were great and I had a really good day. One little girl asked me how old I was. Then she said she would guess. Her first guess was 58. I like that the younger kids think I'm way older than I am and the older kids think I am like 19.

Anyway, on Friday I was back with the 5th and 6th graders, but they were much better behaved and I ended my week without the headache it began with. Then I came home to this:

In case you can't read the future doctor's handwriting, it reads: "Happy I love you Friday 2011! Chicky stew for dinner. Went play golf be back around 5:30 or 6."

These were also waiting for me. I love these tulips. What are they called? French tulips? Parrot tulips? Awesome tulips.


Michael made his grandfather's chicken stew, remembering him in the most suitable way possible since Michael says he loved to cook. I think Michael definitely would have made him proud with this stew because it's by far the best he's made yet.


I made the garlic parmesan butter for the bread. I looked for a recipe and I found one but I wasn't completely happy with it. So I started looking for another one when I realized that I didn't need to. I got all fancy and winged it. I used a couple softened tablespoons of unsalted butter, salt, garlic powder, dried basil and thyme, grated parmesan and maybe some freshly ground black pepper. I mixed it all together with a fork then spread it on a leftover ciabatta bun. I toasted the halves in our toaster oven for 3-4 minutes. Delizioso!

3 comments:

Momma said...

Thanks for sharing! Made me laugh and cry. (in a good remembering way)

Megan said...

Awww! Your husband is so sweet! What kind of doctor is he going to be?

Sarah C. said...

What a sweet post! Love that Michael made PaPa's chicken stew. :)