3.10.2011

One Week From Today

We'll know where our next chapter starts. We'll be able to start looking for somewhere to live. I'll be able to look for a job and into going back to school.

This waiting for Match Day has been pretty stressful. It's a lot you want to think about but you can't. You don't want to get too attached to the idea of living in one place to end up somewhere else. Thoughts about beginning our "real" real life as opposed to the "fake" real life we say we've been living.

Like I said it's the next chapter and the only thing to do is to welcome it. Now you can wait along with us if you weren't already. On Monday we'll know if we matched and on Thursday we'll know where.

6 comments:

Megan said...

I think you should do a blog about the "Match Day" process. I am interested in how this works!

You are not living a "fake" real life! Every second of life counts! You two seem to be doing important things and also enjoying your marriage together pre-children.

I am sure it must be a nerve-wracking experience, though. I look forward to hearing about where you guys will be starting your next chapter of life!

Sarah C. said...

Super excited for you guys!! I can't wait to hear. ;)

Lacey said...

I'm with Megan. I'd love to know how that all works.

I'm excited with ya!

Mrs. Perry said...

By "fake" real life we really mean that we aren't yet in the world of our friends who have Mon-Fri 9-5 jobs. Michael is still in school and with me subbing we can go home whenever he has a break. We are definitely enjoying the "fake" real life but we're definitely spoiled :)

Heather said...

We wish you guys all the best next week! Jeremy and I were just talking about how last year the fact that we were just a couple weeks away from having a baby was less stressful than the match. Hang in there. Only a few more days until "Black Monday" :)

Steven and Rachel said...

Good Luck! As stressful as it is to wait, Match Day was probably the most exciting (and fun) day in Med School! Hope you get your top choice!