I've started eating oatmeal for breakfast during the week. On the weekends I like to take breakfast up a notch. Here's a few recipes we've enjoyed lately.
Egg in a Hole has become a breakfast staple. Fancy whole grain bread is good but white bread is sinfully delicious. Today I got fancy and used my star shaped cookie cutter. You might like to use the cut out piece to soak up the yolk. I prefer putting a bit of Steen's Cane syrup on mine. (Steen's Cane syrup = one more reason to be excited about moving home)
I made this Strawberry Stuffed French Toast from Annie's Eats when Michael's parents were here with us for the Match Day festivities. I used challah (found at Whole Food's) because I couldn't find soft Italian bread. I'm not so sure about the taste of challah but it didn't interfere with the overall yumminess of this french toast. This is evidenced by the fact that all of us had taken at least one bite when I remembered I needed to take a picture.
These Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blackberry Sauce are my new favorites. They require a bit more work than banana pancakes but it's so worth it. The combination of lemon and blackberry is delightful. We've made ricotta pancakes before and I really enjoyed them so I was looking forward to this recipe. Yum. There's a lemon poppy seed pancake (and waffle) with blackberry sauce recipe out there, too.
1 comment:
I've been wanting to try the stuffed french toast recipe. Looks delicious!
Post a Comment