Half of number 13 on my new year's to do list was accomplished when we took the campers to the Safari Park and Zoo.

The guide likened this group of animals that hung out at the gate to crossing the border at Tijuana. Thanks again, Dad, for that sweet backpack you bought me while waiting to cross back into the US!

LLAMA! I have loved llamas ever since I saw The Emperor's New Groove. If you haven't seen it, you should. It's one of Disney's best.

Feeding the bison. I touched its nasty purple tongue. I'm glad it was mostly focused on the feed and not chomping off my pointy finger.

The zebras were my favorite (excluding the llamas, of course). The elk you see in the background came running up to the wagon and bullied the zebra away. You can't feed the zebras anyway because they bite.

I pulled a muscle in my back while fighting the camel for my bucket of feed.

I forget what this animal is called, but I love its face and its horns are super cool.

We took a break from the sun at the giraffe feeding pavillion. We watched the llamas hustle the entering vehicles (who drives their car through?) and made up dialog. The llama in the middle would stand in front the car until someone would put their bucket of feed out the window. Then the sneaky llama would go back in front the car. Several of the cars tried to nudge the llamas out the way. It was hilarious.
Kangaroos are funny. Have you ever seen them up close in real life? I feel like they felt right at home because I thought for a second I was in the Australian desert. Actually I don't know what their habitat is like down under. I just wanted to convey the fact that I was melting.
2 comments:
What great fun! You are brave. I wouldn't have gotten out the car. Love the pictures.
So glad you finally made it there! It's still on my list!
Post a Comment