7.13.2010

Camp

I apologize for posting 37462836 posts all at once. I am exhausted. Our weekends have been nonstop. I was looking forward to last weekend to do nothing, but I might have overindulged in drinks on Friday and spent Saturday recovering. Needless to say I am looking forward to this weekend so I can do things such as knit, cross stitch, blog, read, and anything else I fancy.

Now, camp. Camp has been awesome. We were expecting to be at capacity with around 100 campers, but we've been averaging 60 campers a day. This year camp is packed with awesome field trips and programs. Here's a list of what I've done and loved so far.

Funland - I spastically screamed my way through Laser tag and got all nostalgic swinging away in the batting cage.

Massanutten- an indoor waterpark (which usually totally freaks me out because I have to be barefoot and waterparks are usually packed). I was pleasantly surprised to find it not so busy. We could go down the slides and enjoy the other attractions with little or no wait. This also goes down as one of the best days at camp because I was given a Silly Band and a plastic glitter ring.

Crochet club- I am running a crochet club four times a week with around 12 campers. We're making headbands. It's awesome.

Camp explore- We go to the Lewis and Clark Exploratory Center and do fun Lewis and Clark things like a scavenger hunt in the woods and making stuff out of clay. I made an elephant and I can't wait to see how it dried when my group goes tomorrow. I hear we'll be using compasses this time.


Capture the flag on the soccer field. 'Nuff said.

And last but not least I'll have to say that my fellow counselors this year are awesome. So is my boss. Camp is much less stressful and I can't believe there are only three weeks left. I feel like I've been saying that a lot. Definitely time to slow down a bit.

No comments: