7.08.2010

Make this Salad

The same friend that told me about I'm Just Walkin' brought this salad over one night and I have been hooked on it ever since. Don't be afraid of the goat cheese if you are not a fan of it. This was my gateway recipe into liking it. A lot.

Note: I leave out the onions because I have become lazy since I like to eat this so much. I sometimes skip toasting the almonds for similar reasons (another reason being that I'm scared). I also half the amount of the spinach, vinegars, and olive oil (by the way I use olive oil- not veggie).

Spinach Salad with Strawberries, Goat Cheese, and Almonds


1 lb spinach
1 C strawberries
Crumbled goat cheese
1 T butter
3/4 C slivered almonds
2 T toasted sesame seeds
1 T poppy seeds
1/2 C white sugar
2 tsp minced onion
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 C white wine vinegar
1/4 C cider vinegar
1/2 C oil (olive or veggie)

Directions:
1. Melt butter, cook and stir almonds in butter until lightly toasted.
2. Toss spinach with toasted almonds, strawberries, and goat cheese.
3. Whisk toasted sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar, and oil.
4. Add dressing to salad and toss (Might not need to use all of the dressing.)


I'm not sure who the creator of this recipe is, but whoever you are, you have created a masterpiece. Thank you for sharing.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Take a picture of it next time you make it!

Arielle said...

Thanks for the shout out! :) I'm glad you're enjoying the salad recipe!