Last night's dinner. Garlic-Jalapeno Shrimp (would have been better with fresh gulf shrimp, of course) and Rice with Peas and Cilantro. Both from Living's May 2010 issue. I wore gloves this time when chopping the jalapeno and I was saved from jalapeno hands.
I had been looking forward to tonight's dinner mostly for dessert. Summer Vegetable and Chicken Hash (Martha Stewart, again) far exceeded my expectations. We ate every last bit of it. The flavors were spectacular.
Now let's get to the important part. Peach and Basil Crumble. I bought fresh local basil at Whole Foods. It's been sitting in a coffee cup on our counter since Saturday taunting me with it's tantalizing aroma waiting for the peaches that we bought at the market to ripen. (I realize that there may be dangling participles and I apologize. You get the point.)
Oh my goodness. Yum. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. The peach and basil combo really got my attention since I had a cocktail in Paris with the two in it and it was/is probably the most delicious beverage ever created.
Sorry I don't have links for the recipes, but you can probably find them at marthastewart.com. Right now I have to go do something important like eat more crumble. Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment