I recently finished reading The Help, and let me tell you I could not put it down. I was a little nervous reading another book that everyone seems to like after reading Water for Elephants.
I actually laughed out loud and teared up a little at times. Excellent storytelling. It's one of those books that I really want to know what happens next for the characters, and I'm definitely going to go to the movies to see it.
2 comments:
The Help was so good! Haven't seen the movie and probably won't until it's in red box. I'm like you, I wanted to know what happens next!
Have you read the Hunger Games trilogy? I joined a book club and that's our current selection. I read all three books in a week. Of course, having no power due to the hurricane helped the reading go faster!
Hunger Games movie is coming out in March. The cast features Woody Harrelson, Donald Sutherland, Elizabeth Banks, Stanley Tucci, and Lenny Kravitz among others.
I loved The Help (read it a few months ago) and just went to see the movie. The book was obviously better, but the movie was a pretty good adaptation of it.
And I will second Heather's comment about The Hunger Games - such an addicting and awesome trilogy. I think I read all three in 9 days and had withdrawal after I was finished... Be warned - you may prefer reading the books than doing anything else until they are finished.
Post a Comment