9.22.2011

Kitchen Before and After

I bought a card reader! This means I can easily upload photos to the computer! This means blogging will be easier! YAY!

So I said I was going to make the curtain for our kitchen window this weekend. Michael's parents came over to spend the day with us on Saturday so Michael's mom helped me figure out how the curtain should be made and then she helped measure and cut the fabric. I did a whole lot of procrastinating because I was nervous. Cutting the fabric seems so final. Anyway, I finished the curtain on Monday.



I did not, however, start on the final project for the kitchen which is using the border fabric on the bottom of the curtain as "wallpaper" for the back of the glass cabinet in the kitchen. The cabinets are kind of cheap and I'm not sure exactly how to affix the fabric to the cabinet. I'm thinking about attaching the fabric to poster board and then using that foam tape in a few places to hold it in place. I bought the tape but forgot to buy posters. So hold your breath on that one.

Since I'm nice, I decided to show you the kitchen even though it's not completely finished. So here's what it looked like before:




Here's the super fun surprise we found when we moved the fridge. Yay! Mold and a hole in the floor!



I called our realtor because I wasn't sure what one does when they find this two days after buying a house. In her New Orleans accent she said "welcome to homeownership." (Not that she didn't care. She was awesome! Did I tell you that we looked at over 20 houses in 3 days?) No big deal though. Two men that work for my dad came over and fixed the wall and the floor in no time.

And after:




Somehow we ended up with less counter space that we had in Charlottesville. I'm definitely making it work. I'm enjoying having a gas stove but I wish we had four burners instead of two burners and a grill. Somehow I am also making two burners work.

2 comments:

Megan said...

It looks great, Marie!

Arielle said...

It's look's awesome - nice job!