His first one was yesterday at UVa. It went really well, and a little tiny bit of the pressure is off now that he knows what to expect.
Besides matching at a good program, here's what I'm looking for in a new town:
1. Proximity to family
2. Yarn shop and knitting group
3. Seasons which would require having a yarn shop
4. Cupcake shop
5. In my mind the presence of both shops indicate that the town must be a nice place to live
6. Dog friendly
As far as real estate goes, pretty much everywhere is loads cheaper than Charlottesville (with the exception of Houston).
So that's what's keeping our minds occupied until March. I see lots of knitting and baking in my future.
3 comments:
Richmond has both yarn and cupcake shops! Also- mega dog friendly. What could be more friendly than the annual Easter Dog Bonnet contest? In terms of family, may I remind you that med school family lives here. :)
Congrats to Michael on the interview offers. Hope you are able to go on as many interviews as possible too!
I vote Houston. It has it all. :) Plus, the suburbs are very affordable! Good luck to Michael!!
ooohhhhhh, this is exciting!
Post a Comment