We headed to Michael's sister's farm where the Thanksgiving feast was scheduled to go down.
I had the Burke's bakery experience. I was told to know what I wanted before I reached the counter as the employees aren't trying to be the best at customer service. All I wanted was a cinnamon roll. So when I asked for it the girl behind the counter looked at me with kind of a blank stare and then asked if I meant honey buns (yes, cinnamon rolls were on the menu). This led to all kinds of confusion and I ended up with honey buns. Don't get me wrong- they were delicious.
We saw the new Harry Potter movie. It wasn't a masterpiece but I liked it. It's choppy but there's a lot of waiting around in the first part of the book and I think they covered most of the important parts in the book.
I made Pumpkin Cream Pie for the Thanksgiving feast. I used whiskey and it is definitely the key ingredient to this pie. Anything pumpkin kind of freaks me out but I really liked this pie.
Frying one of the turkeys
The rest of the food was delicious and it was everything we all could do to stay awake for the Saints game.
We ended Thanksgiving day with multiple episodes of Hoarders on A&E. This is the ultimate antidote to shopping on Black Friday. You will want to go home and clean any clutter and never shop again. You will also probably lose your appetite in some cases.
We woke up to a bit of snow on the ground on Friday. Enough to fill you with some holiday spirit and put on the Christmas music.
No comments:
Post a Comment