11.04.2010

Knittin' n' Stitchin'

Last year I was asked to knit my uncle a scarf. The yarn is un-dyed alpaca from my aunt's travels in Guatemala. I think. Anyway alpaca is so nice but it's a little slippery. I think it turned out nicely. Just in time for cooler weather. Here Michael models it. (Notice the quality of the photos!)

Here's a work in progress (WIP). It's a short sleeve open cardigan made with Malabrigo which is some fabulously soft wool. Both sleeves are on now and I'm working on putting the edging around the neck/ sides/ back. I plan to get some help with it this week so I can wear it. Did I mention it's 42 degrees outside right now at a quarter to 11? This is going to be the perfect winter accessory!


You knew Michael's mom visited. But you didn't know that she was knitting up a storm. She knit this mobius cowl like the one I made last year and I'm now realizing I didn't share with you. Anyway, this was her first project and it came out awesome! I wear my cowl all the time and her cowl will definitely come in handy at those LSU games. It's made with baby alpaca yarn so I wouldn't blame her if she won't let you try it on because you will want to keep it. It's that wonderful.


I will also tell you that I married into a family with mad Do-It-Yourself skills. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law both sew. This was good news for me since I agreed to make a friend's baby mobile ornaments. While I could have eventually figured it out, Michael's mom kindly offered her skills and was done sewing the dogs together in like 5 minutes. I did the stuffing and finishing and little felt collars with bows which I absolutely love.




I'm thinking a fall photo shoot with the new camera and Theo and his sweater is in order. I have to go dig out my sweatpants!


2 comments:

Megan said...

I know I must say this all the time, but your husband is just precious.

I love the ornaments! You are so talented! And your doggie is so cute.

Heather said...

Theo looks so charming in his sweater. Brodie is jealous.