Michael is flying in tonight from a week away interviewing in Texas and Alabama. I worked all but one day so I was pretty busy. Not to mention all the knitting I need to do. I tried four new recipes. The two entrees keep and reheat well which is great news when you're cooking for one.
Rigatoni di Gregorio. Pasta, baby bellas, wine, and heavy cream... um yes, please! This is from a new food blog I'm following called Annie's Eats. I cooked my sauce a little longer at the end to get it thicker. It was super mega yummy. Looking at the picture is making me miss it. Moving on...
These are also from Annie's Eats. They are made with my new favorite ingredient: sweetened condensed milk. oh yeah. I made them for the Significant Others Support Group craft night but none were eaten so I took them to the Needle Lady knit night and all but two were eaten. Did I say sweetened condensed milk?
Smitten Kitchen's Spaghetti with Chickpeas was much more tasty than I expected. This is an excellent one to reheat since there's no meat in it. Meat reheated in the microwave always tastes a little funky to me.
Lastly, I made Pioneer Woman's Tres Leche Cake for Michael's return. It is sinful.
1 comment:
I've been meaning to try the tres leches cake... Is it as great as the Pioneer Woman Cooks blog says it is?
Post a Comment