4.05.2010

Cherry Blossoms

On Saturday night I forced myself to dye eggs. It was the sixth day I worked last week and I was spent. I used electrical tape to create the designs a la Martha Stewart. Michael made the Arsenal egg on the left. Normally my patience level for dyeing eggs is very low, but the electrical tape was a quick and really neat way to decorate the eggs. I made the dye the old fashioned way with food coloring. Next year I might invest in some neon colors.


On Sunday we woke up and had Mr. B's waffles and I added blueberries to mine. YUM.


We opened our Easter baskets from my parents and got ready for our adventure to D.C. to attend the National Cherry Blossom Festival. Michael spilled coffee on his new shirt 20 minutes into the trip. We stopped for some Tide To Go which only created a coffee ring around the still noticeable stains. Target was closed, but we found an Old Navy and scored another polo on sale. We parked at a metro station outside the city and navigated our way to the Capitol City Brewery near Union Station for lunch. There was a ton of people in the city and we saw people walking on the ground around the trees, pulling on branches, PICKING blossoms, and CLIMBING in the trees. Wow.


Anyway, we caught the end of the blooms. They peaked on the 31st and the freak hot weather, wind, and rain caused the blooming period to be shorter than normal.However, we did see a few trees with lots of blossoms still in tact.


We had a lot of fun on our adventure. Our friends watched Theo at their house and he is still sleepy from all the fun he had. It was so nice to get out of Charlottesville and do something semi-spontaneous. This wasn't on my New Year's to do list but it should have been. We were impressed with how easy it is to get around on the Metro and we're planning to take more trips so we can go to the museums.

1 comment:

Megan said...

It looks like you two had a great time! Y'all remind me of Jacob and me. The whole coffee spilling incident sounds like something I would do to myself.

I think Michael and Jacob probably have lots in common. I just know it. Jacob likes Arsenal, too.