I say "we" because I consider myself to be Michael's inner tube water polo team's number one fan. Not to toot my own horn or anything. Anyway, THEY WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP last Tuesday. The semi finals on Monday ended in a tie so they had to have a shoot out. It was so intense. I baked Mr. B's white chocolate brownies for the game on Tuesday. Michael's team, the Wet Bandits, kept a 2 point lead for most of the game.
There was a girl on the other team who was super vicious and played really dirty. She was awful. She better hope she doesn't meet Michael's mom and I in a dark alley one day. Just joking. But seriously, she was KICKING, and SCRATCHING, and SPLASHING, and YELLING at our players. It was pretty embarrassing. Her mom was in the stands and told her she did a good job after the game was over. I would hope my mom would tell me I should be ashamed of myself.
So they won fair and square and got really sweet Intramural Champions t shirts. I'm so proud of them. They've been working hard for four years to win this!
1 comment:
It's pretty awesome that the team name is "The Wet Bandits". Nice shout-out to Home Alone, aka, one of the best movies ever!
Post a Comment