This Sweet and Sour Chicken was surprisingly tasty. I don't know why we keep trying to make the sauce. It seems to be a tricky one to achieve the right taste. I was very pleased with the taste of this one (especially in comparison with past attempts) but I think I might try a store bought sauce out of curiosity.
Before I tell you that I made these cinnamon rolls from a can of crescent rolls... whoops the secret is out... I cheated. Look how fancy they seem to be. And they are just as delicious as they look. Maybe more. In other news, that bunch of knitting is a shawl I've been meaning to photograph. I'll use my new fancy digital SLR and put the picture in a post with a couple other recent projects! Stay tuned...
Back to food. Emeril's Roasted Garlic- Glazed Chicken with Lemon Herb Sauce, Creole Rice Pilaf, and Vegetable Brochettes to be specific. Do not make this on a Monday after you've been subbing all day and it's raining. You will have a melt down and possibly be cross with your wonderful husband. I wasn't super impressed with the chicken. I wish I would have just roasted the chicken like we did this summer and put the garlic glaze on that. Let's talk about the Creole Rice Pilaf because I am drooling just looking at the picture. Lovely, I know. It has okra and andouille sausage in it. You simmer the rice in chicken broth and tomato juice. I brought the leftovers for lunch and then ate it for lunch again after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment