10.24.2010

My Best Friend's Wedding and Roller Skating

Three weekends ago I went back to the bayou for my best friend's wedding. We had such a great time, she was absolutely beautiful, and I got to see a lot of friends I don't normally get to spend time with when I'm back home.



During the ceremony I had to kneel beside the couple on the altar. It brought back memories of our wedding day and how we, too chatted a little during the ceremony and then exchanged vows. I really can't believe it's been two years already! The lady who made our wedding cake made my friend's cake. So you can imagine the state of euphoria I was in when they cut the cake. Best. cake. ever.

The next day I felt surprisingly well and ready for some roller skating! I was super pumped because it was only $5 and I love to skate. They still have the leather roller skates! Those new bulky plastic ones are so painful.


I had no idea it was my niece's first time roller skating! I was so happy to be a part of the experience.


We did the hokey pokey and we turned ourselves around.


Then my sister and I were the only people to go out for the 13 and over skate race. This is possibly because we were the only ones who were 13 and over. I won and I went to the snack bar to claim my prize- a small orange soda. It was delicious.


I'd say this trip home could definitely be in the running for best trip home EVER. We had so much fun together.

No comments: