1.26.2010

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

I forgot to mention that I got a hippopotamus for Christmas. You're probably thinking that this is a really large oversight. I can explain.

I heard "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" on the radio the week before Christmas. I called my mom who is never busy and I'm sure appreciates all nonsensical phone calls made while she is sitting around reading or napping. (Please note the sarcasm.) Anyway she said she knew where they were having a sale on hippos and that was the end of the phone call. I was then concerned that I might actually get a hippo in the form of an ornament or a stuffed animal or that word would get around and I would start receiving hippos until I'm 40. However, I was indeed safe from any presents in the form of a hippo.

Until Christmas evening when we popped open the Christmas Crackers that have been in the box of decorations for years. I randomly picked a cracker and out fell a plastic ring with a sticker on it. No, it couldn't be. It's probably a rhino. I put it up to the light. Indeed I tell you it was a hippo, grazing above the word "CHINA". Providence.

No comments: