Saturday we supped at Bizou on the downtown mall. We ate outside on the mall and it was a most enjoyable dinner complete with a guy singing and playing his guitar for money.
The cake from Whole Foods was a bit of a disappointment since they didn't half the fillings inside the cake as we had decided. So there was a coconut layer on the entire cake and the icing tasted more like butter than sugar. No big deal. I guess the actual quest for the cake was the fun part since I got to eat lots of yummy cake and cupcakes.
On Sunday we took Theo for a walk. We had lunch at Whole Foods and I started coloring in my Little Mermaid storybook/ coloring book. Michael's gift to me for our anniversary was tickets to The Marriage of Figaro. I gave him two sets of paintings done by Patsy Walsh who sells her work at the weekly City Market. One is five small squares of scenes of the City Market and the other has scenes from the Downtown Mall.
This week went well. I learned how to play Capture the Flag and my team dominated. It is addictive and super fun. The kids really enjoy it. I made a pink decoupage candle holder complete with silver glitter and a picture of three baby chicks from a magazine. This coming week we will be tie dying shirts to wear to Kings Dominion on Wednesday. Speaking of Wednesday, we took a small group of campers to Kidsfest with the Ash Lawn Opera. It's a neat program to teach the kids about theater and earn some extra paper. We go swimming every week and this week was especially nice since we were the only camp there and it was a super hot day. Yesterday was Fun Day at McIntire Park. There were field day type games. Unfortunately we got rained out after 30 minutes so we attemped to play Heads Up 7 Up under the shelter while we waited for the hot dogs to be cooked. That didn't go over well but finally it was time to go to Carver Rec Center for more fun. There were three camps there and the campers could roller skate, play in the arcade or play basketball. There was a dance for about 45 minutes which was highly amusing.
Last night we went to the opera. We dined at Bang! which is a martini bar and an asian inspired tapas restaurant. Dinner was fun and tastey (is that the correct spelling? I think it's how Fergie spells it in her Fergilicious song). My favorite part of dinner was when Michael asked for the check by telling the waitress that we had an opera to catch. The second best part of dinner was when I managed to use both ends of my chopsticks making my hand a sticky mess. The opera was fantastic even though I had just seen it with the kids on Wednesday. It was funny and the singers were outstanding. My favorite was the Countess. I think I could really like opera.
Now I am trying to figure out what to do with my day. I really want to start re-learning how to sew. I need to contact a lady about calligraphy lessons and I need to start working on Myriam and Dan's needle felted wedding cake topper. Michael's working today. I should also clean. Hmmm... I also promised you some pictures, didn't I? I'm going to get to work. Enjoy your Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment