7.25.2009

Let Me See Your Grill

During camp I ended up spending many hours in the craft room. This was exciting while friendship bracelets were being made or I was teaching knitting and crocheting. However, ironing fuse beads was pretty boring and not to mention hot. The last couple weeks consisted of fuse beading and watching the Disney channel. Last week a boy walked up to me and said "um, I lost my tooth." So I replied, "well, was it loose?" Yes, it was loose. Luckily another counselor was in the room to deal with it since it gave me the heeby-jeebies.

Thursday I was in the craft room ironing together cats and hearts when a girl said "my tooth just fell out." I knew that her tooth with the metal cap had been loose and I told the other campers in the room to hold on to their teeth since I attract teeth falling out while I am in the room. I took her down to the supply closet, made a makeshift container for her tooth, and gave her a tootsie roll. Isn't that what you do when someone loses a tooth?

When we got back into the craft room another camper noticed the metal cap and said "man, the tooth fairy's gonna have a grill."

No comments: