...is a fun story I thought I'd share here on the blog. Before the streets in the neighborhood I grew up in were paved they were gravel. So if you drove faster than- I don't know- 10 mph? you would kick up clouds of white dust. In other words, beignet-ing the neighbors. *giggle* It's always been a funny image in my head. We went to Wild Wings on Tuesday. They have a gravel parking lot and I thought of this story. So it's not completely out of the blue.
*update* I thought you might enjoy this e-mail response to that story:
I too remember when the streets in the subdivision were limestone or shell and after a long dry spell would become layered with a fine talcum-like powder that rose up in great clouds if you drove too fast.
When each of our kids started driving and started going faster and faster as they left out of the subdivision for school, date, b& e, or other activity, and we noticed it looked like they were attempting a land speed record, we would say "Don't beignet the neighbors".
After I said it I could always see Mr. and Mrs. N standing there with white powder on all the ledges of their heads and shoulders and looking disappointed.
Dad
As you have noticed, our internet problem has been resolved- 7 calls to Comcast and 2 technicians later. The splitter was on the fritz.
Also, the Cake Saga is now over and what a happy ending. I ordered the cake yesterday from Whole Foods. The lady who took the order was extremely nice and actually cared about how important this cake is. She shared that her year old wedding cake was not so good after thawing. She is also going to decorate it exactly like our cake was decorated! I was so happy I almost cried at the bakery counter.
Tomorrow Theo is going to doggie day care. I am going on a field trip to FunQuest where I am hoping to enjoy some laser tag, roller skating, and arcade gaming.
I will confidently sign off by saying that I will talk to you soon.
1 comment:
Perry Playland...life has a way of going our way we when go with the flow...going against the current is not comfortable...what progress do we make?...Happy First...you guys are a wonderful couple...Love Mom
Post a Comment