3.17.2009

Spring Forward

My first roux! I made carrot (beef) stew last week with Michael's guidance from the living room. My babushka salt and pepper shakers look on.

The interview last week went well for the most part. It was one of those behavioral interviews where they ask all those situational questions- which are the worst. The lady who interviewed me was really nice. I hope to hear from her soon. After learning more about the camp (it's a typical summer camp with activities, field trips and swimming) I know it would be great.

This is a bit late, but I watched the Academy Awards this year and here is the best acceptance speech ever: Kunio Kato's acceptance speech for best animated short film.

Yesterday was Michael's last exam. We went to the Albemarle Baking Company in the Main Street Market for some celebration pastries. Yum! The Main Street Market is really neat. There is a little grocery store, organic restaurant (Orzo) which is delicious, a local butcher, seafood counter, florist, kitchen store, coffee shop, and a chocolatier. Last night we went to the End of Basic Sciences party which the med school throws for the second year students when they finish their exams. We dined at The Shebeen with ten of our friends. I took a nap before we went so I could stay awake past 10:30. The party was bumpin' with annoying booty dance music. Michael explained the unsatisfactory music selection by suggesting the med school might have paid the DJ with a hot dog. Which I think is funny. It's nice spending time together after the exams and before studying for Step 1 starts tomorrow.
We're goofy...

Today the third grader read a sentence. We've been working on first grade level word problems since reading is posing a problem in his work. Anyway, when he read it I almost cried. I was so happy. I did shed a few happy tears when I got in my car. Yay for progress!

The sun finally came out today after several days of nasty drizzling rain. I took a few pictures of the trees that line the street on the side of our place. These trees are all over C-ville. There are some pink ones, too.
In other news, my birthday balloons from my edible arrangement are still afloat. It's been almost 20 days! Speaking of birthdays, I think I'll start birthday announcements on the blog and share a favorite photo. So a belated shout out to Roger- double deuce on the 11th, Mel, and Dad. Tomorrow is mom's birthday. Happy Happy Day, Mom!

Now to play catch-up:Happy Birthday Melanie (Feb 20)!
Happy Birthday Rog (11th) and Dad (Feb 14th)!

Thursday I am leaving for Houston until Sunday. Family time and wedding dress shopping! So exciting! I'm looking forward to meeting Dan's family. Michael and Theo will be holding down the fort.

Hasta luego mis amigos.

No comments: