Good news on the job front. I have an interview on Tuesday for a Summer Camp Leader position with the city. This will run from the second week of June til the end of July. I'm excited about it especially if I get into school in the fall. It would be perfect! :)
Last night was the monthly social knitting night at The Needle Lady. It was better than the first night. I arrived a little later and quite a few people left about 30 minutes after I got there so I was able to engage in more conversation with some very nice people.
Yesterday I spent two extra hours working with the third grader. The ESL teacher had to administer some standardized test so she asked if I would mind working with him in the morning before his Math class. It was neat to see the kind of work that is involved in teaching ESL. The student is starting to feel more comfortable speaking English and we are making great progress in Math. Reading is such an obstacle at this point so we are working on that in Math as well.
My needle felting supplies came in this week. I already have an injury but it is clear that I am going to love this craft! Here is the inspiration for picking up this craft. It's also the idea for Myriam's cake topper.
Hmm.. other than that not too much going on. I am well into Pride and Prejudice and I am loving it! I think my baked potato is almost done. So I'll leave you with a few pictures from Theo's photoshoot from our walk this afternoon.
Theo wants to be in a secret society.
1 comment:
I love the second picture of theo! soooo cute! the cake topper for miriam is adorable! you are so talented with the crafts! Hows Jane Austen? I'm thinking of reading her now that I'm done with twilight!
Post a Comment