3.25.2009

I have to say that the only reason I don't look forward to posting is having to make up a title. It's always just an update with a random assortment of what's happening... tick tock tick tock... I'm sleepy and I can't think of a title! argh. Let's see if I can go sans title.

I blocked these leaves after knitting them. I thought they looked like specimens with the pins.Here's the (sideways) finished project. A spring wreath for Mom's birthday. I crocheted the flowers and needle felted the bees and the flower centers.
Bridal dress shopping in Houston. Dad picked up all kinds of new vocab like lace which came in handy during a scattergories game on Saturday evening. The category was "things at a wedding" the letter was "L." Dad had the best answer hand's down.
I tried to find a picture of the fantastic pair of Sam Edelman flats I got at DSW in Houston. They are lime green snakeskin print with a t-strap. It was love at first sight. A lady who has seen many more moons than I spotted them as I was trying on the only 7 1/2's. I got Mom's attention (with the lady's help) and Mom quickly agreed that I must have them. I tried on the 8's just to be sure that 7 1/2 was the way to go. I kept the 7 1/2's close by since the lady was lurking and talking about what outfits she had that would go perfectly with the shoes. I knew she was hoping I'd hand over the 7 1/2's. I put the 7 1/2's in my bag and went on my merry shoe shopping way. I think she may have stalked me for a while to make sure I was holding on tight to those shoes. Anyway I have many outfits that they will make jazzy. It was just an amusing encounter. Thought I'd share.

I enjoyed spending time with my family as always. It was nice to have some hot weather. I came home to temps in the 40's and 50's. It was also great to meet the Mill's. I was really looking forward to that part of the trip.

I found this recipe on Martha Stewart.com. Chocolate jumbo cupcakes with marshmallow (and butter) filling. Don't you wish you were my neighbor right about now? I love to share! Mostly because I don't think my pilates DVD can keep up with this.

I did try a new recipe tonight for dinner. I made spinach and ricotta and parmesan stuffed chicken breasts. It was yummy except my piece wasn't cooked all the way and now I am traumatized and as Michael said I will probably overcook every piece of chicken for a long time.

Not much news on the volunteer front. Now I am working with two students during Math. Today was the first day with both students and it went well. The new student hadn't been speaking but he opened up when we did a worksheet. It is so sweet to see the other students help out their new classmates. One boy accompanied the new student to our table in the back and introduced him to me. Isn't that so cute?

Bedtime already. Time flies when you spend all evening cooking and then cleaning up the extensive mess you always make when you bake something. Oh but it's worth it!

No comments: