2.05.2013

Scones

A couple weekends ago I needed to run several errands. Michael stayed home with Will. I got my flu shot all by myself and figured I'd reward myself with a tall decaf cinnamon dolce latte. I went inside Starbucks to order and these cute mini vanilla bean scones beckoned me to try them. Y'all. They are so yummy! They're like the cupcake of the biscuit world.

Pioneer Woman has a copycat recipe. I am now in possession of vanilla beans and I am itching to make them. The most exciting part is that you can freeze the dough (since, like biscuits, they should be enjoyed the same day) and make them whenever you've got the envie.

So I wrote this in November. I did make them and they are phenomenal. They froze well, too. I am looking forward to trying Smitten Kitchen's strawberries and cream biscuits as well as Annie's Eats' cinnamon roll scones.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I need to bake more. That is all.