I told you that I found a vintage high chair. I wish you would have told me just to get a new one. I was going to be all crafty and make a cushion for it. And two broken needles and one awful sound from my sewing machine later I did make one.
I used this tutorial. Couldn't find laminated cotton in a print suitable for a boy so I tried some iron on vinyl. Because making the seat slippery was exactly what I needed to do. It didn't really hold up well to my horrendous stitching. The good news is that it peels off easily.
Michael helped me make a harness which has been successful in keeping baby from sliding out of the chair. I think the tray isn't latching properly. At least it's cute, right?


1 comment:
So cute. And if you decide you aren't super happy, you could always get a $24.99 high chair from Ikea. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99823975/
It's what we have. It's pretty awesome. Although, Warren slips out of the belt and likes to stand in the chair. We never had a problem with Bradford though.
And without the tray, your vintage high chair will make a nice booster seat for when William is big enough to sit at the table with the grown-ups.
Post a Comment