2.01.2013

I MADE CINNAMON ROLLS

I've only made a couple recipes that called for yeast. Somehow the pizza dough I made worked perfectly, but the king cakes I tried were hit or miss. So I gave up on yeast and decided it wasn't meant to be.

Until a friend of mine moved to North Dakota and started cooking all kinds of new delicious looking things and gave me the courage to try again.

I was gonna do it big. Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls to make and freeze for the Christmas holidays. I did have a thermometer to use which helped tremendously.

They were so unbelievably magnificent with their maple coffee icing. Maybe 4:00 am with a sleeping fussy teething 8 month old is not the time to be thinking about these rolls. Anyway I did it! And I was so super proud of myself!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Maple coffee icing?!!!!!!!!

That sounds divine. Also, there's nothing like the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls.