This past weekend was the baby shower. We got a lot of great gifts and I am completely humbled by the love and support of our family and friends as we prepare to welcome a new life into the world.
My mom and my sisters along with family and friends put together a fabulous spread of delicious treats and decorated with flowers and baby clothes on clotheslines.
Michael was there for the end of the shower after a round of golf. Can you tell it was sunny?
On Monday I had a monthly checkup and the glucose test. The stuff you have to drink isn't so bad but it did make me feel yucky for the rest of the day. Plus I didn't get a whole lot of sleep the night before. Monday night I helped Michael hang up clothes and we put a sheet on the crib mattress even though it still needs to be washed. He even assembled the swing and started organizing the closet. I'm a lucky lady.
We decided to go with the Charley Harper print for the nursery in case you were wondering.
Two fun things strangers have said this week:
- In the elevator at the hospital this lady comments on how small I am for how far along I am. She says, " I wonder what happened?" Um, nothing. The baby is growing just fine.
- Today Michael and I went to Lowe's. After being asked the usual "When are you due" and "What are you having", we get this one: "Are y'all going to get married?"
I'm starting the 30th week today. We spent the rainy day hanging pictures and fixing stuff around the house. The living room is finally ready for its "after" photo. I'll share that with you soon.



3 comments:
People sure have a knack for saying dumb stuff to pregnant ladies. It's probably the number one reason why I hate being pregnant.
I agree with Heather. I got the strangest questions too - though I never got asked the marriage question. I don't think I could've kept a straight face - that's just funny! haha.
I'm so sad I missed your shower. It was on one of the fullest Saturdays EVER it seemed. We had so many things going on that day. I did buy a gift for you a while back so I'm going to put it in the mail on Monday, k. :)
Your shower was beautiful, and so were/are you! You are just an adorable pregnant chick.
Post a Comment