1.12.2012

20 Weeks


We're halfway there. Our appointment on Monday went well. We found out the gender of the baby. It's going to be difficult not to use personal pronouns/ possessive adjectives on the blog. I already slipped up once when talking with someone. Other than telling us the gender, the anatomy ultrasound looked at organs and the brain. Everything is looking great, and we couldn't be happier. We're pretty much besides ourselves knowing what our baby is going to be. My brain is in full on craft mode.


My mom and I went to a sketchy looking flea market, which ended up having some really great finds in it, after the ultrasound. I want to get all of the furniture second hand. I'm hoping my mom's crib will be usable. If it's not I think we still have a couple other options in the family. I'm not so keen on buying a second hand crib from someone I don't know. We'll see. Back to the flea market- we found the exact style of highchair that I wanted, and we got it for a steal. I'll need to add straps and I'll make cushions for the seat and the back.


In other exciting baby-related news, I am 99% sure I found the color for the paint for the nursery. This is Air by Serena and Lily. I think I found a similar color at Sherwin Williams, where I have a coupon to put to use. Or I'll see if they can match it.

And... I bought yarn to make this blanket! I am subbing a light orange color for the green. I don't want to go all blue and green for gender neutral.



2 comments:

Megan said...

Aww! You are just looking so cute! I love your high chair!!

Kim Reeves said...

AHHHHH!!!! I had NO idea!! Congratulations to you and Michael!! You are the most adorable little pregnant person! I hope you are feeling and doing well! :)