1.08.2011

New Orleans

Michael had a two day radiology interview at Ochsner in New Orleans so I went with him and planned to visit a couple friends and my sister.

I have been dying to try macarons from Sucre. They now have a location in Metairie so I met one of my favorite friends there for sweet treats and a lot of catching up. I didn't do so great with getting pics with my friends on this trip. I did get a picture of the raspberry macaron and the king cake macaron.


Michael and I spent the night at another one of my favorite friends' apartment. We had fun cooking together and she prepared for my visit by buying Rose's lime juice and Tito's vodka. Michael was done early on Saturday and we hope to get beignets at Cafe du Monde but the line was atrocious so we ate at Cafe Beignet. We had fun walking around the French Quarter. It was a beautiful day and I can't remember the last time I strolled around there.

Before dropping Michael off at the airport we met my sister at Juan's Flying Burrito on Magazine Street. While waiting for her we checked out the Garden District Needlework Shop which was right across the street. The shop was huge as far as these types of shops go. They had a great selection of yarn but I ended up not buying anything. I really wanted to buy some of the New Orleans themed needlepoint ornament kits but they were pretty pricey.


I think I would love to live in New Orleans if it was safer. We could end up there for residency so I guess I'll train Theo to be an attack dog. Let's just hope we're not robbed by someone using a golf club as a weapon.


No comments: