1.01.2011

Houston

Their website says that they were the first cupcake bakery (originating in L.A.). They're branching out and Kippy included it in my Houston itinerary. They were deeeelicious. Except for the marshmallow cupcake- like the hostess kind. It was really bitter and it made me grumpy. Until I tasted Michael's cupcake and all was right in the world again.

Sometimes I can't take a picture fast enough. Like when there are cupcakes involved. And what could have been a cute cupcake picture turns into half eaten and missing cupcakes.


As my sister is trying to woo me to Houston she also included a stop at Knitting in the Loop. It is the most precious shop located off Westheimer in a little yellow house. swoon. And their yarn selection. swoon again. The lady who was working was super nice and there were ladies in there knitting and chatting up a storm. I bought some awesome yarn but I think I'll be posting soon about the yarns I bought on our trip and ideas for what to make with them.

In preparation for the Real Pirates exhibit at the Houston Museum of Natural Science we played Dead Man's Dice and drank vanilla Tortuga rum.

We couldn't take pictures inside the exhibit. If this exhibit comes to a museum near you I suggest you check it out. The collection of artifacts is extensive and there is real pirate treasure. AND if you were born on March 18 then you share a birthday with the captain of the Whydah.


Since my mom is a pirate at heart it took her a little longer to go through the exhibit so we did some exploring while waiting for her. Kippy's excited about the zebra rump special on aisle 9.


My little bro is like a kid in the candy store with these dinosaur skeletons. When he was four he could tell you everything about every kind of dinosaur.


The museum also had Zoltar. I don't remember what he said to me.

Here's my fortune:

We rang in the new year at Kippy's. Her husband cooked ribs in his Green Egg. They were fantastic.

Kippy and her hubs have this really neat patio. Here's an artsy shot of some candles. We hung out at the table for a bit after our midnight dance party.




No comments: