Like I did in Knoxville, I found a cageless doggie day care called Dog Days in Birmingham where we stopped on the way home since Michael had an interview there. The day care is located in an old building downtown. They recently opened in September and the owner is super nice. If you live in Birmingham and have to groom, board or send your dog to day care this is the place to do it. Theo slept the entire 10 hours home.
I had no idea how nice the downtown area of Birmingham is. Well the building are really cool and the city seems to have so much potential but most of the storefronts are empty. It's really unfortunate since the area surrounding the city is very much alive with shopping and what seems to be really cute and nice neighborhoods.
Neighborhoods in which one might find a knitting shop where one might purchase more yarn for their stash.
And a super cute cupcake shop called Dreamcakes. They sold car decals with this stamp on it and I'm really regretting not buying one.
I bought Wedding cake, Chocolate Mocha Caramel Sea Salt, Strawberry, and Red Velvet cupcakes for the ride home. The cupcakes weren't as light as I like them but the flavor was spot on. The ton of icing was too much but after removing half of it I could really enjoy my cupcake.
Overall Birmingham was really neat and everyone I met was super nice. Another thing that I liked is that it's not flat and I read in the hotel that there are places to hike and canoe.
No comments:
Post a Comment