Yesterday we went to D.C. to attend the Nationals vs. Braves game. We drove to the metro station and took it to the Mall where we picnic'd.
Here, Michael enjoys snacking on a Perry the Platypus fruit snack. The kids in the elementary schools seem to think he is my namesake.
We went into the Natural History museum to use the restroom and I realized how awesome it was and that I'd never been in it. I had to take a look around before we left the city, but we needed to get to the game. The highlights of the game were the president's race, where Thomas Jefferson smoked those other guys, and the hot dog we ate from the Ben's Chili Bowl stand.
The game was kind of slow. I don't blame them. It was so hot. I was happy to hear that the crew that rode with me wanted to leave before the end of the game and that they were down with going back to the museum!
This picture kind of cracks me up.
I'll be adding the following to my wish list:
The Hope Diamond is out of its setting because it will receive a new temporary setting. Apparently the museum held a contest where you could vote online from 3 new settings. In the display case the diamond moves to face each direction. Right before it turns there is a bright light shone on it. It is so very nice and sparkley. Here's a link that will tell you about its mysterious red glow.
What a long but super fun day in the nation's capitol! I'm so glad we got to make another day trip there.
2 comments:
We went to the Natural History Museum in January. We refer to it as "Jeremy's Boner Day at the Museum" because they had a forensic anthropology exibit which was basically all about bones and learning about dead people from their bones. They had a tone of orthopaedic stuff- like showing how bones grew over metal parts from hip or knee replacements. I don't think I've ever seen Jeremy so excited.
The Natural History Museum looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment