9.18.2010

Becky Homecky

With the first tiny hint of fall weather my crafting drive kicks into full gear. I'm really not sure if the two are correlated, but let's just go with it. I'm working on a scarf for my uncle using yarn that my aunt sent me a year ago. It's going pretty quick since I'm working on it during our James Bond movie marathon. I'm wondering which will be done first- the scarf or the movies. Time will tell.

This is the first time I have more than one project on needles. I started Theo's sweater last December and thinking I made a mistake I put it aside to work on this year. When I picked it up I discovered that I had only missed the directions for the previous row of knitting and it would be easily remedied. I have been working on this project during knit nights, of which I attend three. Some knitters from the Thursday knit night at The Needle Lady (which is every week now) have started a knit night on the fourth Tuesday and the Significant Others Support Group is now crafting on the second Wednesday. Needless to say Theo is thrilled. Actually he is really good about trying it on, but then he wants to attack the ball of yarn and run away.


Two friends asked me to make plush animals for their baby mobiles. Taking on these projects and the amount that I've been subbing already makes me think I won't have time to sell ornaments on Etsy this year. I've started the prototype for the scottie dogs which will have to be machine sewn. I'll show you pics of the finished project. My friend sent me some super cute fabric to use!

The mobile animals were on hold for a bit when I got the idea to make these towels for my bestie Leah's birthday. I got the "vintage" towels from Jo Ann. I sewed rick rack along the bottoms. I love rick rack. Also, who knew satin stitch (the stitching on the R) was so easy? I love it and it's so pretty. I feel like my kitchen towels need some jazzing up now.


I told myself I wasn't knitting Christmas presents this year, but I found so many projects that are perfect for so many people! Is it already past the middle of September?!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Loving the embroidery! I hate doing satin stitch, but when it's done properly, it really looks amazing.

fleurdelis70 said...

Marie -
Those towels look AMAZING!

Myriam said...

ONE WORD: WANT!!