Being the eternal optimist that I am I finished the book thinking that Scarlett would come out on top. I really love that the end of the book wasn't all hunky-dory with everyone being happy and with all the problems solved. Margaret Mitchell kept it real. Respect.
8.31.2010
August Book
That's right! I finished Gone with the Wind yesterday. The book is incredible and if you haven't already read it you need to. I loved the movie when I was growing up, and I haven't seen it in many years. I cannot wait for Sunday when I can sit down and watch it. I think when I watched the movie back in the day I always thought I wanted to be like Scarlett. I wanted to dress up like her for Halloween but mostly I probably just wanted to get anything and everything I desired. I also remember thinking that Melanie was dumb. Of course now while I'm reading the book I want to slap Scarlett around and make her change her ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment