8.02.2010

June/ July Book

My June book, which I actually started mid-May, turned into my June/ July book. I even incurred a late fee of ten cents. I finished it on August first. I read Antonia Fraser's Marie Antoinette: The Journey. I have been wanting to read it since Sofia Coppola's movie, Marie Antoinette came out since the movie was based on the biography. It was a lengthy book filled with tons of information. It was an in depth look at who Marie Antoinette was- beginning with her childhood and ending with her death. I enjoyed every second of it.

Now if I can only figure out what I want to read next. Most of the books that I want to read are either checked out or on hold at the library. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Sarah C. said...

Have you read any books by Philippa Gregory? I just finished the White Queen, and I really liked it... kind of historical but with some fiction thrown in.

Unknown said...

Have you heard of those Sookie Stackhouse books? I am reading those. Oh wait, were you interested in something classy? Nevermind then.

P.S. I am reading Atonement, too, to balance the trashy vampire books. Tell Michael I said thanks!! :)