2.02.2009

Happy Groundhog Day!

Theo was neutered today. We bathed him last night so he would be nice and clean plus he was looking a little brown. Now he is nice and white and fluffy. We dropped him off early this morning and picked him up around 3. He looked a little traumatized and when we got home he just kind of wandered around. He would stand in one spot and kind of sway but he eventually laid down and took a nap. He's currently sleeping on the couch while Michael plays some soccer.

We took advantage of Theo's absence to give the house a good cleaning.

Then Michael and I took a walk to the corner for lunch and felt a little guilty doing this without Theo. We also went to Petsmart and finally bought a gate to block off the living room from the kitchen. No more cardboard box. This gate is really dandy since it has a door. When we passed by Lowe's we looked for the groundhogs that live on the hill. Despite the lovely day, they weren't out so we're guessing there will be more winter. I just google'd it and yes, more winter. I don't really blame the guy for "seeing his shadow", there were 13,000 people there to see him.

We also went to Target and I got a couple cute Orla Kiely containers for my crafting supplies and a new scrapbook for my DZ pictures and such. Orla Kiely is a british designer and makes super fabulous things that are expensive. There's a shop on the corner that has a couple of her bags and they are not affordable but they are nice to look at. Thankfully she has used her talents to design practical things for us commoners.

That's about all that's been going on. We had donuts on Friday thanks to nice weather. Unfortunately we missed Med School Prom on Saturday because my stomach was in a bit of a funk. I did get to read a lot of Northanger Abbey. I am thinking that I will really enjoy Jane Austen's work. I applied for a job at Barne's & Noble and at the Education Department at Monticello. The latter sounds like it could be interesting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll be finishing up my professional statement and application for grad school this week. I'll also be working on my valentines.

Time to start cooking dinner. We're having a chicken breast recipe with artichokes from Michael's family cookbook.

Later alligators...

2 comments:

Momma said...

Happy Groundhog Day plus one to you.
Hope Theo is doing well. Thanks for all the news. Love, Mom P.

Anonymous said...

i was looking on the blogs of note section and there is one blog you have to go read! its called notsoplainjane. It is this woman who has endometrieal cancer but finds comfort in knitting. I thought you might like it.