1.19.2009

King Cake

I decided to try and make a King Cake. Here's the recipe I used. It's pretty good for my first try. I didn't make the filling. We invited friends over to experience a little taste of Mardi Gras.
I had to use some fancy camera angles so you wouldn't see that I couldn't wait to taste it in order to get a good shot. You'll notice that the green color is disappointing. The one in the pack of sugars was some pastel green. Oh well. Still tastes good!

Tomorrow's Tuesday and that means Carpe Donut will be out on The Corner (across the street from UVa). We just might have to take Theo for a little walk.
I take that back. I just checked the weather. It's supposed to feel like the teen's with a 30% chance of snow showers all day. I bet Carpe Donut won't be out. He wasn't out last Friday. (I don't blame him, but we drove downtown just in case.)

1 comment:

Momma said...

Your cake looks delicious! You are so ambitious. Happy Mardi Gras to you three! Mom P.