2.15.2009

Quite possibly the funniest video we will ever take


In case we haven't told you, Theo often walks around aimlessly with his gingerbread man, a.k.a "Gingy" in his mouth while he cries and sometimes howls. It breaks my heart but at the same time is the cutest/ funniest thing he has ever done.

We went to the downtown mall yesterday and brought him with us. We met a woman who works out of her home as a dog whisperer (from what I gathered). Maybe more like a dog psychic? I'm not really sure - I was distracted by her bedazzled sunglasses (which reminded me of the knock-offs that were left at Mimi's after the repairs to her house were made) and bright red hair. Too bad I wasn't focused enough to ask her about Theo's Gingy troubles or to get her card.

The funny thing is that he loves to play fetch and tug o' war with Gingy. Sometimes he'll even cry with Bolt in his mouth. Who knows.

While watching the video you might also note our Valentine's table set-up.
Here was the menu:
Crab cakes from Mr B's cookbook and fettuccine alfredo with a side of fresh green beans. Enjoyed with Dry Creek Vineyard's Fume Blanc (my current favorite from a winery we visited on our bike tour). Dessert was a chocolate fudge cake (from the box - I know, I cheated- and a little dry because of those blasted silicone cake pans) with semisweet chocolate ganache completed by fresh raspberry sauce (again compliments of Mr B's). Shout out to Mom for the conversation hearts.


In other news, we happened upon Girl Scouts selling cookies at the grocery store. YAY!!! Two boxes of Tag-a-longs all for meeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! I am pairing them with sessions with Denise Austin. Also, I finished my beret that I started at the knitting night at The Needle Lady!
The yarn is wool and is so soft and I love it! This is such a big step for me from knitted scarves!

The only thing I have to add is that we went to Lowe's today for a fire extinguisher and a plant. We were unsuccessful finding the house plant that I wanted. The selection was not impressive. Maybe because it's winter time?

For some reason I feel like I need to sign off on these posts... I should come up with a catch phrase like Ron Burgundy's "Stay Classy, San Diego." Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Jeremy and I made salmon fettucini alfredo for Valentine's Day dinner. Look how trendy we are!

Anonymous said...

i loved theo's howl!