Snow on Groundhog Day. Almost every day since then has been delightful. Maybe Phil was mistaken?
Last Thursday I ventured out into the real world. I went to The Needle Lady for some circular needles I needed for a beret I am knitting. I intended to use the yarn Rebecca gave me for Christmas but it turns out that yarn is too chunky so I bought a skein called "Milk chocolate." The first Thursday of the month they meet for a social knitting night. There were about 10 women there. Some I am guessing to be around my age and then some wiser women. It was an enjoyable time and the owner, Mimi, taught me two new cast-on's. I am looking forward to next month's knitting night. I probably won't be finished with my beret since I spent my entire Sunday afternoon and evening messing up. But I am learning a great deal.
Tomorrow I am submitting my application for grad school. It will also be my first day volunteering with the ESL (English as a Second Language) program. I am considering endorsement in ESL along with elementary education so I'm checking out what it's all about.
Now I'm heading out to C'ville Coffee to meet the UVa medwives for our monthly dinner out.
Ciao!
1 comment:
Great pictures! You crocheted hat is awesome. You have been busy. Thanks for the post. Mom P.
Post a Comment