11.07.2012

Doomsday

Today I'm thankful for the impending end of the world on December 21. All joking aside, a week ago someone on Facebook mentioned it, and it got me thinking. What if the world was ending? What would I do differently?

So I made a change. I relaxed and started making every moment count. This has turned into really impressive Christmas craft output during nap times. I had been putting off attending a Mom and Baby yoga class. Trying new things is out of my comfort zone. So today we went, and we both enjoyed it! I'm also going to attend a La Leche League meeting in a couple weeks.

I'm not saying you should do something crazy like go skydiving (you know who you are) or quit your job. And obviously not every day can be all rainbows and sunshine. It also sounds like it could be exhausting. Anytime I'd ever thought about "what if today is the last day" I'd feel a little overwhelmed. I'm just going to do what makes me happy. Get involved in what's going on around me. Nourish the relationships I have with the people I love.

2 comments:

Sarah C. said...

seriously!! my husband has been talking about this all year. we are going to disney... bc wouldn't that be where you'd want to be when the world ends?? just saying!!

Unknown said...

Very inspiring!