11.09.2012

Charlottesville

I wanted Michael to go to medical school at UVa. For some reason I always thought Virginia would be a good place to live. Plus Charlottesville's website made it look like such a charming city. The first few months were really difficult for me. Trying to find a job. Not knowing anyone. Eventually I stopped feeling sorry for myself and started meeting up with the other med school wives. A few months later I started knitting at The Needle Lady. I had to learn how to cook food other than Hamburger Helper and French Bread Pizza.

Being away made me figure out who I was. Most importantly it gave Michael and I time to ourselves. Time to have our own adventures. We're going back for a few days in April, and I can't wait!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm grateful for your upcoming trip to Charlottesville!

Come on April!

Unknown said...

How amazing is it to know you can do it on your own?