2.07.2012

Superbowl Food

We had friends over for the Superbowl. This was an excuse to hang out and eat yummy food. We made Root Beer Pulled Pork (with pork butt instead of tenderloin and added onions) and Martha's Mac and Cheese - both of which we've made before.

We tried two new recipes. Here are Baked Zucchini Fries with marinara dipping sauce, which I found on Pinterest. We decided to add 1/2 cup of parmesan and used 1 1/2 cups of Panko instead of 2. They were really tasty and they were gone in 5 seconds. I also made Ranch dip, but I think I preferred the marinara.


These Knock You Naked Brownies, I also learned about on Pinterest. I used a 9x13 pan and only 40 caramels instead of the 60 the recipe calls for. This is mostly because I don't have a 9x9 pan and bags of caramels come in packages of 44. These were definitely a hit and not as complicated as I thought they would be.


No comments: