3.30.2010

March Book

Have you read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass? They are fantastic and such quick reads. They are clever and whimsical. Such a good spring time book, in my opinion, and a definite for your bookshelf.

When Michael and I stopped in a used book store, which I think specializes in rare books, the man working there is apparently a HUGE fan of the Alice stories and he told me to get the Annotated Alice, but I forgot. The copy that I bought at a different used book store (not the one I had seen earlier in February in their window because it was $50) on the Downtown Mall had notes about some of the satire in the book. Honestly I didn't read all the notes, but the introduction was interesting and I'm not interested enough to read about every poem and song recited and sung. But if you are then I'm telling you that an annotated version exists.

I Netflix'd Disney's Alice in Wonderland and it came in today! It's been forever since I've seen it. There seem to be several versions out but I'm thinking I'll stick with Disney. I haven't seen the new Alice in Wonderland since it costs an arm and a leg to go to the movies here.

My next book is Picture Perfect by Jodi Piccoult. What are you reading?

1 comment:

Sarah C. said...

Picture Perfect is my fav Jodi P book... very well written.