2.22.2010

February Book

I just finished reading Emma. I think it has to be my favorite Jane Austen novel. I loved Pride and Prejudice, but Emma was different. So maybe there's not much of a comparison. Of course they are both love stories. I guess I appreciated the comedy in Emma more, and it moved faster for me than Pride and Prejudice did. I am clearly no great book critic. ha!

My artsy shot of Emma

I am a little sad that I am finished with Jane Austen because there are at least three movies made for every novel. After Best Picture nominees on my Netflix queue are something like five movies for the last two books I read.

So I have a few days left in the month to decide what I want to read for my March book. I am thinking Alice in Wonderland. I saw a neat old copy in a book store on the Downtown Mall. Maybe I will go to work early tomorrow to check it out.

In news related to books, I joined a site called Good Reads where you can keep track of books you've read and books you want to read. You can befriend people and see what they have read, too. Seems much more enriching than stalking your friends on Facebook.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I saw you added me as a goodreads friend! I like that site. I just feel like a terrible English major for not having read any of Jane Austen's books. I've tried twice to read Pride and Prejudice. I mainly wanted to read it so I could then read the Pride and Prejudice & Zombies book after, but I just keep putting it back on the shelf!